CIMAher® (Nimotozumab) is a humanized monoclonal antibody used to treat squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck, recurrent or refractory high-grade malignant gliomas, anaplastic astrocytomas and glioblastomas.
Nimotuzumab binds to a protein called the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), which is found in some types of normal cells and in some types of cancer cells. Blocking this protein can help prevent the formation of cancer cells.
- Treatment of head and neck tumors in advanced stages in combination with radiotherapy and / or chemotherapy.
- Treatment of adult patients with glial tumors of high degree of malignancy: Glioblastoma multiforme and anaplastic astrocytoma, in combination with radiotherapy.
- Treatment of pediatric patients with newly diagnosed high grade malignant glial tumors in combination with radiotherapy and radiochemotherapy.
- Treatments of pediatric patients with recurrent or refractory glial tumors with nimotuzumab.
- Treatment of patients with malignant esophageal tumors of non-operable epithelial origin in combination with radiochemotherapy.
- Treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, in combination with chemotherapy.
They are currently in the clinical research phase: cancer of the esophagus, colon, cervix, breast, anal canal, nasopharyngeal tumors, hepatocarcinoma, among others.